Do you want to start your own business? The SCCAA Micro-Enterprise Development program can give you the start you need.
The program offers Business Development Training, six (6) weeks in length. One-on-one counseling and business mentoring is provided to participants. Topics include:
• Business Development
• Developing a Business Plan
• Access to Capital
• Financial and Credit Management
Limited micro-loan financing may be available. Businesses must operate in Canton. Applicants must complete the business development training in order to be eligible. All loan requests are subject to approval by an independent loan review committee.
Micro-Enterprise program eligibility:
• Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
• Applicant must be interested in starting a business in Stark County.
• Applicant must be either the business owner or co-owner.
• Business will create or retain jobs for low-to-moderate income individuals.
The Micro-Enterprise program applicants must meet federal income guidelines as listed:
Size Household Yearly Income or Income Past Three Months
1 $21,660 $ 5,415
2 $29,140 $ 7,285
3 $36,620 $ 9,155
4 $44,100 $11,025
5 $51,580 $12,895
6 $59,060 $14,765
7 $66,540 $16,635
8 $74,020 $18,505
For households with more than eight members, add $7,480 per member to the yearly income.