One Window of Opportunity
Head Start - Serves children ages 3 to 5 who are not eligible for kindergarten
Early Head Start - Serves children ages 6 weeks to 3 years of age
Eligibility for Head Start and Early Head Start is determined by using guidelines that are established by the federal government. There is no charge to the famillies who participate in the program. We provide service to children and families who live in Stark County.
Children with Special Needs are Welcome!
Through our collaborations with Help Me Grow and the Stark County School Districts, we provide a quality early childhood education where children can receive early intervention and special education services.
Your application along with the supporting documentation must be submitted before your child can participate in the program.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION (Do not use pencil)
PROOF OF YOUR CHILD’S BIRTH DATE (a COPY from ONE of the following sources):
- Birth Certificate or Passport
PROOF OF TOTAL INCOME FOR THE PREVIOUS YEAR, OR MOST RECENT 12 MONTHS
(a COPY from the following sources that apply):
- 2014 Tax Return (If you cannot locate your return, call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 to obtain a free transcript of your tax return) 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Documentation
- TANF/OWF Documentation (public cash assistance)
- Foster Care Status
- Wage Verification Letter (stating gross earnings for the last 12 months)
- Pay Stubs (for the last 12 months)
- Unemployment Compensation
- Documentation of Child Support
- Self Declaration Statement (acceptable under certain conditions – obtain from from FSS)
- W2 or 1099
2015 Eligibility Guidelines
1 - in Household - $11,670.00
2 - in Household - $15,730.00
3- in Household - $19,790.00
4 - in Household - $23,850.00
5 - in Household - $27,910.00
6- in Household - $31,970.00
7 - in Household - $36,030.00
8 - in Household - $40,090.00
Add $4,060 for each additional family member.
MEDICAL INSURANCE CARD
If you need any assistance, please contact a Family Service Specialist at the adminstrative office 330-456-6218, or the location nearest you.
Once your child has been selected for Head Start/Early Head Start, additional forms will need to be completed and submitted before the first day of class.
Thank you for making the choice to give your child a Head Start!