The Stark County Community Action Agency (SCCAA) is seeking to help those that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are in need of mortgage, rent and utility assistance.
To apply for assistance, please complete the online application via the link below.
PLEASE NOTE: ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED TO HOUSEHOLDS THAT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND UNTIL FUNDING IS EXHAUSTED.
Home Relief Program
(Income Eligible - Stark County Residents)
Effective November 2, 2020, the State of Ohio, working with the Stark County Community Action Agency (SCCAA), will help eligible Stark County residents who are behind on rent, mortgage, and water and/or sewer utility bills catch up on past payments back to April 1, 2020. Eligible households can receive assistance through December 30th or until funding is exhausted.
Stark County households with an annual income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines will be eligible for assistance.
Home Relief Grant Flyer
APPLICATION PROCESS / INSTRUCTIONS (for both resources)
- Applications for assistance are available for pick up or via the application link below.
- Applications can be mailed upon request. Any requests regarding receiving an application by mail should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Community Services department at 330-454-1676 x option 6.
- ONLY ONE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL THREE (3) AREAS OF ASSISTANCE. (e.g. Mortgage, Rental and Utility Assistance).
- Completed applications and copies of all required documentation must be returned to SCCAA via mail, drop-box OR the required documentation can be uploaded within your online application by utilizing the link below.
Stark County Community Action Agency
1366 Market Avenue N.
Canton, Ohio 44714
- Required documents include Driver’s License / State ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security cards and proof of income for a minimum of the past 30 days for EACH household member.
- If you are submitting an online application, ALL Documents MUST be upload at one time. Failure to do so, will result in delayed processing of your assistance.
- Once the application has been submitted, please allow for a seven (7) business day processing period for the application to be reviewed. Each application will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.
- Once your application has been reviewed, an Intake Specialist will contact you finalize any remaining requirements for assistance. Depending on the assistance being requested, additional documents may be required.
- If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be notified and will be required to submit any missing documents to an Intake Specialist. Any missing documentation will cause extended delays in processing your application for assistance.
For more information regarding these resources, please call our information hotline at 234-360-0866.
Information Request Form