- Ensure that all aspects of child development, health, safety and nutrition are at or above levels required by The Head Start Act and all regulatory and governing entities.
- Ensure that Family and Community partnerships at the center are active and that communication with staff and parents is timely and encourages involvement.
- Responsible for mentoring, training, coaching and disciplining staff as appropriate and in accordance with SCCAA guidelines and expectations.
- Maintain organized, current and complete records of enrolled children and staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and 5 years related work experience in an ECE and pre-school setting.
- Be or become a CLASS Reliable Certified educator (within 6 months) and maintain the status during employment.
- Working knowledge of ODJFS Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Family Services Specialist
Duties: Assist in the coordination and delivery of program services that promote family and community development. Recruit qualified families for the Head Start program, maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and provide advocacy for disadvantaged children and families in the program.
Skills/Qualifications: Minimum of an Associate degree in social work or related field and 2 years of work experience in the field or a Bachelor degree. Case management experience is a must.
Health Services Manager
Responsible for the management of the Head Start Health component.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards, ODJFS regulations, and State of Ohio EPSDT recommendations.
- Ensure accuracy of child data and monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Maintain liaison relationships with other agencies, health and dental providers, programs, organizations and groups providing services to meet children’s health needs. Organize annual Health Advisory Committee.
Skills/Qualifications: Must or possess a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Nursing, Public Health, or Health related field. Education, training, and work experience in the health field with the pediatric age. Minimum two years’ experience managing in a medical environment. Head Start experience preferred.
Health Services Technician
Duties: Provide health related services to children enrolled in the Head Start/Early Head Start program; assist in meeting the needs of families served.
Skills/Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with active licensure; will consider Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or health related field with certification. Prefer 6 months’ work experience in a pediatric medical practice or school nurse setting.
Stark County Community Action Agency is seeking to hire Teachers with a minimum of an Associate degree and 15 credit hours completed toward a
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a Bachelor degree in ECE or related field, to teach in the Head Start Program.
Teacher Assistants with a minimum of an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) are needed to teach in the Head Start Program. Must have a clean background check, and an insurable driver's license. An Excellent benefit package is offered. EEOE, DFWP
Early Head Start Program, will implement Infant/Toddler program curriculum and activities which take into consideration cultural, social,
and economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities, and individual style and pace of learning to ensure a
holistic and comprehensive delivery of services. Minimum of a Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with Infant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of four
(4) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment.