- Ensure that all aspects of child development, health, safety and nutrition are at or above levels required by The Head Start Act and all regulatory and governing entities.
- Ensure that Family and Community partnerships at the center are active and that communication with staff and parents is timely and encourages involvement.
- Responsible for mentoring, training, coaching and disciplining staff as appropriate and in accordance with SCCAA guidelines and expectations.
- Maintain organized, current and complete records of enrolled children and staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and 5 years related work experience in an ECE and pre-school setting.
- Be or become a CLASS Reliable Certified educator (within 6 months) and maintain the status during employment.
- Working knowledge of ODJFS Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Family Services Specialist
Family services specialist with a minimum of an Associate degree in social work or related field and 2 years of work experience in the field or a Bachelor degree. Case management experience is a must.
Duties: assist in the coordination and delivery of program services that promote family and community development. Recruit qualified families for the Head Start program, maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and provide advocacy for disadvantaged children and families in the program
Head Start School Bus Driver - Massillon
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip bus inspections.
- Transport children to and from the assigned Head Start sites on a regular basis.
- Must track and submit reports (pre-trip, bi-weekly mileage, and child count forms daily and bi-weekly to the Transportation Manager.
- Must perform other duties as assigned at the sites by the Site Supervisors, or Managers when not driving the bus.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Must possess a CDL driver’s license with a minimum class B and SP endorsement and bus driver certificate, and at least 1 year of driving experience as a school bus driver.
- Must complete CPR, Communicable Disease, First Aid and Child Abuse and neglect.
Health Services Manager
Responsible for the management of the Head Start Health component.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards, ODJFS regulations, and State of Ohio EPSDT recommendations.
- Ensure accuracy of child data and monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Maintain liaison relationships with other agencies, health and dental providers, programs, organizations and groups providing services to meet children’s health needs. Organize annual Health Advisory Committee.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Nursing, Public Health, or Health related field. Education, training, and work experience in the health field with the pediatric age. Minimum two years’ experience managing in a medical environment. Head Start experience preferred.
Health Services Technician
Duties: Provide health related services to children enrolled in the Head Start/Early Head Start program; assist in meeting the needs of families served.
Skills/Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant required. Training and/or work experience with pediatric children ages 0-5 is preferred. Must have excellent writing, communication, and computer skills. Valid driver’s license required.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children.
- Review medical and dental documentation for enrolled children. Enter all results and follow-up in Child Plus data system.
- Utilize Child Plus reports to ensure accuracy of child data and to monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Complete Health Care Plans and Administration of Medication Forms with parents in compliance with ODJFS licensing regulations. Train staff as needed.
- Assist community health providers during health or dental clinics.
- Obtain and monitor necessary health or dental consents for enrolled children. Maintain documentation in Child Plus.
- Monitor health insurance documentation for enrolled children using Child Plus.
- Perform vision, hearing, lead, hematocrit and hemoglobin screenings to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance Standard screening requirements and timelines.
- Contact parents and medical providers to obtain medical records and documentation of follow-up treatments.
- Provide transportation as needed for children and parents to obtain required screenings or follow-up.
- Provide first aid and support to classroom staff to assess injuries, communicable diseases, etc. Provide classroom activities and education as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas for children, families, staff, and records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Transport food using Agency vehicle to other sites daily and as needed
- Preparing food and supplies for delivery to classrooms, delivery of food to classrooms and collecting food and dishes after meal service, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that serving bowls and utensils are provided to support family style dining in the classrooms.
- Wash dishes and equipment. Wipe surfaces as required during the day to maintain a clean kitchen area. Mop floors daily.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must possess at least six months experience with large volume cooking of food service.
- Ohio Certification in ServSafe Food protection – Level 1 minimum
- A current, valid driver’s license is required.
- Include but not limited to standing and walking for long periods of time, pushing, lifting, bending and reaching. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Parent Engagement Coordinator
Position Concept: Develop and support the engagement of families in the Head Start program.
- Work with Center Managers and partner sites to facilitate the recruitment and formation of the center Parent Committees at all sites. Provide oversight, guidance and support as needed.
- Attend center Parent Meetings and functions.
- Reviews and maintains all parent communications from the sites.
- Provides guidance and support to parent committee and Policy Council parent members.
- Oversee social media site for the program.
- Work with ERSEA Manager and Family Support staff on successful implementation of the Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework.
- Encourage and support the participation of parents and community volunteers in classroom and program activities to facilitate the generation of Non-Federal Share.
- Must possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Social Work or a related field. A minimum of 2 years’ management experience working in a non-profit environment. Head Start experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess ability to seek solutions and solve problems.
- Must be computer proficient with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, and other computer operations.
- Pre-employment background check, drug screen and physical required.
- A current, valid driver’s license is required.
- Ride the bus with the bus driver daily to pick up and take home all children assigned to the route. Support the Bus Driver in maintaining vehicle rules.
- Assist children on and off the bus. Assist children in fastening and securing seat belts and child restraints.
- Responsible for obtaining needed medications from classroom for transportation from school, delivering to parent or storing in bus garage, and returning to classroom teacher upon delivery to school.
- Ensure that children are released only to authorized individuals listed on the Child Information Form or signed addendums.
- Assist in classrooms as needed for coverage under the direction of the Center Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Stark County Community Action Agency is seeking to hire Teachers with a minimum of an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a Bachelor degree in ECE or related field, to teach in the Head Start Program.
Teacher Assistants with a minimum of an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) are needed to teach in the Head Start Program. Must have a clean background check, and an insurable driver's license. An Excellent benefit package is offered. EEOE, DFWP
Early Head Start Program, will implement Infant/Toddler program curriculum and activities which take into consideration cultural, social,
and economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities, and individual style and pace of learning to ensure a
holistic and comprehensive delivery of services. Minimum of a Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with Infant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of four
(4) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment.