- Ensure that all aspects of child development, health, safety and nutrition are at or above levels required by The Head Start Act and all regulatory and governing entities.
- Ensure that Family and Community partnerships at the center are active and that communication with staff and parents is timely and encourages involvement.
- Responsible for mentoring, training, coaching and disciplining staff as appropriate and in accordance with SCCAA guidelines and expectations.
- Maintain organized, current and complete records of enrolled children and staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and 5 years related work experience in an ECE and pre-school setting.
- Be or become a CLASS Reliable Certified educator (within 6 months) and maintain the status during employment.
- Working knowledge of ODJFS Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Head Start School Bus Driver - Alliance
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip bus inspections.
- Transport children to and from the assigned Head Start sites on a regular basis.
- Must track and submit reports (pre-trip, bi-weekly mileage, and child count forms daily and bi-weekly to the Transportation Manager.
- Must perform other duties as assigned at the sites by the Site Supervisors, or Managers when not driving the bus.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Must possess a CDL driver’s license with a minimum class B and SP endorsement and bus driver certificate, and at least 1 year of driving experience as a school bus driver.
- Must complete CPR, Communicable Disease, First Aid and Child Abuse and neglect.
Health Services Technician
Duties: Provide health related services to children enrolled in the Head Start/Early Head Start program; assist in meeting the needs of families served.
Skills/Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant required. Training and/or work experience with pediatric children ages 0-5 is preferred. Must have excellent writing, communication, and computer skills. Valid driver’s license required.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children.
- Review medical and dental documentation for enrolled children. Enter all results and follow-up in Child Plus data system.
- Utilize Child Plus reports to ensure accuracy of child data and to monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Complete Health Care Plans and Administration of Medication Forms with parents in compliance with ODJFS licensing regulations. Train staff as needed.
- Assist community health providers during health or dental clinics.
- Obtain and monitor necessary health or dental consents for enrolled children. Maintain documentation in Child Plus.
- Monitor health insurance documentation for enrolled children using Child Plus.
- Perform vision, hearing, lead, hematocrit and hemoglobin screenings to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance Standard screening requirements and timelines.
- Contact parents and medical providers to obtain medical records and documentation of follow-up treatments.
- Provide transportation as needed for children and parents to obtain required screenings or follow-up.
- Provide first aid and support to classroom staff to assess injuries, communicable diseases, etc. Provide classroom activities and education as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas for children, families, staff, and records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Stark County Community Action Agency is seeking to hire Teachers with a minimum of an Associate degree and 15 credit hours completed toward a
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a Bachelor degree in ECE or related field, to teach in the Head Start Program.
Teacher Assistants with a minimum of an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) are needed to teach in the Head Start Program. Must have a clean background check, and an insurable driver's license. An Excellent benefit package is offered. EEOE, DFWP
Early Head Start Program, will implement Infant/Toddler program curriculum and activities which take into consideration cultural, social,
and economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities, and individual style and pace of learning to ensure a
holistic and comprehensive delivery of services. Minimum of a Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with Infant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of four
(4) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment.