- Assist in classrooms as needed for coverage under the direction of the Center Manager.
- Maintain a classroom environment that supports the curriculum, the individual needs of the children and the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of classroom according to regulations.
- Maintain required classroom ratios. Be aware of Child Information Forms in classroom and ensure children are released only to authorized individuals.
- Maintain certifications in First Aid, Child Abuse, Communicable Disease and CPR.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA). Must possess at least six months experience in a preschool or childcare environment.
Early Head Start Home Visitor (Teacher)
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate, individualized, learning activities using prescribed curriculum. Drive to family home to conduct weekly 90-minute home visits with each assigned family.
- Create and maintain respectful partnerships with families.
- Create an environment that supports the curriculum, the individual needs of the children and families with an emphasis on encouraging the family as the first teachers of their children.
- Coordinate with parents to ensure that well-child exams, immunizations, health screenings, and nutrition assessments are complete and necessary follow up occurs.
- Plan and provide bi-monthly socialization activities for infants/toddlers and their primary caregivers.
- Assist with providing transportation to activities using agency vehicles.
- Assist in recruitment efforts to identify and enroll children in the EHS Home-Base program.
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field or an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 15 credit hours earned toward a BA in ECE or related field, with Infant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of sic (6) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment. Early Head Start home-based experience preferred.
- A current, valid driver’s license is required.
Health Services Technician
Duties: Provide health related services to children enrolled in the Head Start/Early Head Start program; assist in meeting the needs of families served.
Skills/Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant required. Training and/or work experience with pediatric children ages 0-5 is preferred. Must have excellent writing, communication, and computer skills. Valid driver’s license required.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children.
- Review medical and dental documentation for enrolled children. Enter all results and follow-up in Child Plus data system.
- Utilize Child Plus reports to ensure accuracy of child data and to monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Complete Health Care Plans and Administration of Medication Forms with parents in compliance with ODJFS licensing regulations. Train staff as needed.
- Assist community health providers during health or dental clinics.
- Obtain and monitor necessary health or dental consents for enrolled children. Maintain documentation in Child Plus.
- Monitor health insurance documentation for enrolled children using Child Plus.
- Perform vision, hearing, lead, hematocrit and hemoglobin screenings to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance Standard screening requirements and timelines.
- Contact parents and medical providers to obtain medical records and documentation of follow-up treatments.
- Provide transportation as needed for children and parents to obtain required screenings or follow-up.
- Provide first aid and support to classroom staff to assess injuries, communicable diseases, etc. Provide classroom activities and education as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas for children, families, staff, and records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Stark County Community Action Agency is seeking to hire Teachers with a minimum of an Associate degree and 15 credit hours completed toward a
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a Bachelor degree in ECE or related field, to teach in the Head Start Program.
Teacher Assistants with a minimum of an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) are needed to teach in the Head Start Program. Must have a clean background check, and an insurable driver's license. An Excellent benefit package is offered. EEOE, DFWP
Early Head Start Program, will implement Infant/Toddler program curriculum and activities which take into consideration cultural, social,
and economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities, and individual style and pace of learning to ensure a
holistic and comprehensive delivery of services. Minimum of a Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education with Infant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of four
(4) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment.